Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kal's Eye Surgery Tomorrow

"Surgery" is a grand term for it, I suppose.  It is a minor thing, but of course it does not feel minor to me.  I take Kal in at 7:30 tomorrow morning to have an operation that will open up his blocked tear duct.  Mom is coming tonight after work and will stay the night and tomorrow morning to sit Henry while Kal and I are at the hospital.

I so don't want to do this while the husband is out of town.  Unfortunately, this is when it must be done.  The surgery center had an opening.  He will, apparently, stop getting eye infections after this.

He can't have anything to eat or drink after 3:00 a.m., so I'll be getting up at 2:30 to feed him one last bottle.  This will, of course, not keep him from being miserable and screaming all morning before the surgery.  I forgot to ask how soon after I'll be able to feed him.  I'm scared.  It is, after all, his eye.  Bad things always seem to happen when the husband is out of town, and I'm painfully superstitious.

To top it off, I have to pick up the hubby at the airport tomorrow night at ten.  My mom will have already been here a full day, so I'm not going to ask the folks to stay and watch the guys.  I'll pick my sleeping babies up out of their cribs and place them in their car seats to go pick up daddy.  He'll be thrilled to see them, and hopefully they'll pretty much sleep through the whole ordeal.  I imagine they'll be cranky on Saturday, but with top teeth coming in that was pretty much inevitable in any case.

I'll just be glad when it's Saturday, the hubby is back in town, surgery is over, and life is back to normal -- except for mother in law's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment